Hi folks – Just a quick update on what’s happening:
- The new cover for Episode One, titled Strange New World, should be live now. With the proper title…
- And, while we’re on the topic of Episode One, I took a nostalgic read through of the first few chapters a few days ago. I think it could be better. In all honesty, you can probably tell it’s my first book. I’m going to try to make some time to do a quick revision on it. Hopefully before Episode Four is published.
- Episode Four, currently titled Breached Gates, is on track. Unless I pass out from exhaustion. Just kidding on that, but I’ll be glad to catch up on my sleep once it’s published. ETA is on track for the first half of December, and there’s not much room for movement. I can’t afford to miss that Christmas shopping window.
- I’m pondering a few more… unique things I can do with this series. But that’s going to get more brain power allocated to it once I’ve published Episode Four. More on this to come.
- Also, just a reminder to leave a review of my books if you’ve enjoyed them (and even if you haven’t).
That’s all for now. Back to work on Episode Four now.
Just re-published the book with the new cover/name/description on Amazon.
Unfortunately, this is what it says for the title:
Strange New World: Artifice: Episode One
How did that happen?
There are two fields in the book details page – “Book Name” and “Subtitle”.
Originally, I only had “Artifice: Episode One” in the “Book Name” field, and “Subtitle was blank. Now, I punched in “Strange New World” in the “Book Name” field, and “Artifice: Episode One” in the “Subtitle” field, thinking that all would be okay.
The slightly frustrating part? I can’t change it for a few more hours – have to wait until the changes have propagated out to all the Amazon stores/sites before I can go back and edit it again…
I’ll change the “Book Title” to “Strange New World (Artifice: Episode One)” tomorrow sometime, and leave “Subtitle” blank.
So, if you’re ever in a spot where you need to do this in the future with one of your books, learn from my lesson.
To quote famed chef Emeril:
Thanks to the extremely talented artist Alerim for making this possible!
Real quick update in preparation for tomorrow.
Remember that little contest I was running on 99designs.com?
It was originally supposed to be over a few days ago, but I had the time extended a few days to accommodate some late (but good) entries. Well, I’ll be getting the last of the feedback that I requested from some friends tonight, and I’ll be choosing the winner of the contest tomorrow.
For now, no rest for the weary. Back to writing Episode Four for me.
There will be another update tomorrow with the winning cover.
Well, the mother-in-law’s place was burglarized on Monday. How’s your week been going?
She also lives only a few blocks away from us [insert joke here]. Time to start looking into one of those security camera setups, I suppose.
Why didn’t she have an alarm you ask? She did. She actually left work when she got the call from the alarm company. Got home about just over half an hour later. The police showed up at the same time. Very odd considering that there’s a donut shop just down the road. Safe to say the thief/thieves were long gone. Also, this is not a secluded neighbourhood. There are two major highways just a few minutes away.
She probably lives in a little out-of-the-way corner? Nope. It’s a corner lot with the front door facing a fairly busy road. The same front door that was kicked in by the thieves. Pretty brazen.
Also, word of advice, folks. Those special anti-thief-kick chains/locks/etc? Useless if the bloody door frame is made out of a thin piece of pine. Need to have it reinforced with at least some sort of metal apparently.
Someone also suggested leaving a large dog waterbowl on your porch, and putting up a “Beware of Dog” sign. Think I might try that. There’s also this neat gadget.
Well, just wanted to say hi, folks. Lost a lot of writing time this week and need to make up for it.
(Also, the Episode One cover contest is now ongoing – you can check it out here.)
I promised it, and I’m about to deliver (in about a week or so).
I just submitted a design contest for Artifice: Episode One on 99Designs. We’ll see what magic happens.
Also, if anyone was bored enough to read the brief for the design contest, you’ll also know that Episode One will now have a title of “Strange New World”. I’ll admit that it’s not the most creative or non-cliche title. In any case, it can always be changed if I think of something else during the week.
For those who are curious, Episode Two’s title is still in the air, but I’ve more or less decided on “Oncoming Storm” for Episode Three. Episode Four will be titled “Breached Gates”.
Still having another long week at work, but should calm down by tomorrow… I hope…
No witty post today, but I figured I’d fill you guys and gals in on what to expect in the near future.
- There will be no Halloween episode this time around. Sorry about that, but I wanted to have Episode Four ready, and was forced to make Sophie’s choice.
- Episode Four is on track to be published by the first week of December. I definitely don’t want to publish it any later than that, as I’ll be missing out on the Christmas holiday shopping season.
- Episode Five will not be published before the end of the year. Not unless I can find a way to stop time. I will try to fast-track it, though.
- Now, while there won’t be a Halloween episode, I am *considering* the possibility of a (free) Christmas episode. It will more than likely be a non-canon short story, in the same vein as the Halloween episode last year. Again, this depends on how much free time I have. Will keep you updated.
- Maps. I need to get my hand sketched maps redone and uploaded to a gallery on this site, as well as inserted into the books themselves.
- The cover for Episode One. It looks more horrible every time I see it (though not as bad as Episode Two). I’m exploring options on getting a professionally done cover for it. More to come on this within the next week.
- The Episodes will now have individual names! More details to follow.
That’s it for now, folks. Going to try to finish another few pages, then head to bed. ‘Night.