[Edited Dec 11, 2013]
It’s the moment you’ve all been waiting for.
I’ve just submitted Episode Three to all the usual retailers, and it should be live and available for purchase shortly. Here’s a breakdown of what’s happening:
- Smashwords: Currently live and available
Submitted and waiting for their automated vetting process to finish. I’m hoping that this happens before I wake up tomorrow. But, it could possibly take until Thursday. Edit: Now available!
- Kobo: Submitted.
This is the first time I’ve published straight to Kobo, so I’m not sure what to expect. Hopefully before Thursday. Now available as well!
- Barnes & Noble:
This is being distributed to them via a third-party aggregator, and has to go through a vetting process. Unfortunately, that could mean a wait of up to two weeks… Edit: Surprise! Looks like B&N beat Amazon to the punch. Now available.
- Sony, Diesel, iBookstore: See Barnes & Noble above…
Once the majority of the major retailers have it in stock, I’ll be sending out an email to all of you on the New Release Mailing List.
Haven’t posted in a while, so just wanted to pop in and confirm that I’m not dead. Been a crazy few weeks, and both the wife and I have been working some long hours – In fact, just got home from work and it’s currently 10:30PM. However, looks like the crazy rush is over for me – I hope.
So, going to have more time to write again. Good news is that [after a few edits] I’m fairly happy with the beginning of the book, and am expecting to have a sample up here by the weekend. Any feedback will be appreciated.
Well, I’m off to try to get another few pages done before I faceplant the keyboard. Wish me luck.
Also, remember – I’d really appreciate it if you’d leave a review of Episodes One and/or Two at Amazon/B&N/Smashwords/etc.
Just a few quick updates:
- I’ve recently got quite a lot of feedback regarding Episode Two. While they were generally positive, one recurring theme seemed to be that readers were sometimes getting lost in a sea of characters and subplots. Now, because I will be selling Episode Three, I’d rather it be worthy of the [small] price tag that’ll be attached to it. To that end, I’m going to be doing some rework on Episode Three, which will push the release date to around mid-October at the earliest.
- However, there is some good news! There will be a special “Halloween Episode” short story released in mid-October. This was actually an entry that was written for a contest, which ended up evolving into what was basically a “Simpson’s Halloween Episode” for Artifice – basically, the story contains the same characters, but it’s totally non-canon – i.e. Homer isn’t actually a vampire in the next “normal” episode. This Halloween Episode will be released for free.
- Also, just got around to watching the final three episodes of Burn Notice on the PVR. Not a happy camper. More on this later this week. Bedtime now.
Until next time.
I’ve changed up the sidebar a little bit on the blog. In addition to the “New release mailing list”, there’s also the option to “Subscribe” to new blog posts.
What it should do (theoretically) is email you every time I post one of these boring updates.
Speaking of which, I’ve got a series of (hopefully) fun blog posts coming up. More info on that this weekend (or even later this week, depending how the day job goes).
Also, I’m sure quite a few of you are wondering when Episode Three will be published. I don’t have a fixed date right now, but I am working hard to try to get it finished for end-of-August to mid-September. I know it’s a little ways off, but I’ll try my best to get it out there as soon as possible.
July 28 Edit: Sorry folks, running behind. First of those blog posts will be up tomorrow.