Just a few quick updates:
- I’ve recently got quite a lot of feedback regarding Episode Two. While they were generally positive, one recurring theme seemed to be that readers were sometimes getting lost in a sea of characters and subplots. Now, because I will be selling Episode Three, I’d rather it be worthy of the [small] price tag that’ll be attached to it. To that end, I’m going to be doing some rework on Episode Three, which will push the release date to around mid-October at the earliest.
- However, there is some good news! There will be a special “Halloween Episode” short story released in mid-October. This was actually an entry that was written for a contest, which ended up evolving into what was basically a “Simpson’s Halloween Episode” for Artifice – basically, the story contains the same characters, but it’s totally non-canon – i.e. Homer isn’t actually a vampire in the next “normal” episode. This Halloween Episode will be released for free.
- Also, just got around to watching the final three episodes of Burn Notice on the PVR. Not a happy camper. More on this later this week. Bedtime now.
Until next time.
Like it says on the tin, here are a few quick updates before I hit the sack:
- Episode Two is now available on Google Play, but seems to be missing the cover… am looking into this…
- I just realized that this site looked horrible in Internet Explorer due to some wackiness with the WordPress theme – it should now be fixed.
- Episode Two is now available for free on Amazon.co.uk… still waiting for the Amazon.com link to go free.
- Am still looking into implementing some sort of mailing list to keep you guys updated on new releases and such. More on that soon.
Hi Folks – Quick update on Episode Two:
- Barnes & Noble: Available, as of this this morning
- Diesel: Available
- Apple iBookstore: Available
- Kobo: Available
- Google: Still “processing”…
- Sony: Still waiting
And, as of a few hours ago, I hit the “Publish” button on Amazon. So, it should be up shortly. However, it will carry a price tag until I can get them to price match it, and no guarantees on a time frame for that… 🙁
I’ve updated the links to the right to reflect the new retailers.
Hi, folks – Quick update:
- Kobo: Available now.
- Barnes & Noble, Sony, Diesel: Hoping by Friday…
- Google Play & iBookstore: Taking extremely long to process compared to Episode One. Am currently checking to see if there is a problem.
- Amazon: Holding pattern until B&N is up.
So, basically, no change since last Friday…
First, let me apologize for the lack of recent updates.
Secondly, I’ve just received the final revision back from my editor, and am giving it one last once-over tonight and tomorrow. Ideally, I’d prefer to let it sit for a week, then give it one last read to see if I missed anything. However, I know you guys have been waiting a long time for this.
To that end, sometime tomorrow evening or Monday, I’ll start the process of publishing the book online.
Also, because Amazon doesn’t directly allow you to list a ‘free’ book, I’ll be uploading it to the other retailers first. Then, once it’s listed on those sites, I’ll upload to Amazon and try to have them match the price as quickly as possible. I’d rather not have to do that, as I know a lot of you would prefer to have Amazon download the book directly to your Kindle. However, I’d much rather not have you folks end up actually paying for the book by accident. Here’s the sequence of events regarding what’s going to happen, just so everyone’s on the same page:
- Smashwords.com: Book will be available here immediately in all formats.
- Google Play: Should be up almost immediately. Possibly a delay of a day or two.
- Apple, Kobo, B&N: Possibly a delay of up to a week.
- Amazon: Will not be available until it’s already been posted on Apple and B&N. Possibly a delay of up to a few days after that for it to be pricematched to free.
Again, thanks for joining me on this ride, folks. I hope you enjoy Episode Two.
The third one ducks.
Sorry about that.
Just a quick update on Episode Two. It looks like my editor will be able to have a look at it close to the end of the month. Hopefully, she’ll be able to do it sooner, but I’m not going to rush her (after all, she is working for free).
The good new is that this gives me some time to rework Episode Two a bit. I’ll see about expanding the narrative in some sections, and maybe moving plot points to or from the next episode, if needed.
Thanks for the great reviews on all the different sites so far. I really do appreciate them. I’m honestly touched by the fact that no one’s given me anything below a four star rating so far. I really didn’t expect that, and I am grateful. I’ll absolutely try to make sure that Episode Two meets the standards that you folks expect.
(Now, hopefully, I didn’t just jinx myself…)
Also, thanks to the person that pointed out several typos in Episode One. I’ll be uploading a revised version to all distribution sites shortly. Remember, folks, I’m sure that most (if not all) authors would appreciate hearing about stuff like that. We can’t correct our mistakes if we never know about them. After all, we’re only human. 🙂 Plus, it does help future readers to enjoy a more polished product, and you’ll get a warm fuzzy feeling inside.