Sorry, folks, but this is the post I was hoping I wouldn’t have to make.
(Just to clarify – I’m not deceased and this isn’t an auto-post-in-case-I’m-dead sort of thing. The books will keep flowing.)
However, like the subject said, I’ve had to make a tough decision.
To put it succinctly, I’ve decided to delay Artifice: Episode Four until the beginning of January.
I’m well and truly sorry about this, everyone. I really am.
The rationale behind this is as follows: Continue reading
[Edited Dec 11, 2013]
It’s the moment you’ve all been waiting for.
I’ve just submitted Episode Three to all the usual retailers, and it should be live and available for purchase shortly. Here’s a breakdown of what’s happening:
- Smashwords: Currently live and available
Submitted and waiting for their automated vetting process to finish. I’m hoping that this happens before I wake up tomorrow. But, it could possibly take until Thursday. Edit: Now available!
- Kobo: Submitted.
This is the first time I’ve published straight to Kobo, so I’m not sure what to expect. Hopefully before Thursday. Now available as well!
- Barnes & Noble:
This is being distributed to them via a third-party aggregator, and has to go through a vetting process. Unfortunately, that could mean a wait of up to two weeks… Edit: Surprise! Looks like B&N beat Amazon to the punch. Now available.
- Sony, Diesel, iBookstore: See Barnes & Noble above…
Once the majority of the major retailers have it in stock, I’ll be sending out an email to all of you on the New Release Mailing List.
Just a few quick updates:
- I’ve recently got quite a lot of feedback regarding Episode Two. While they were generally positive, one recurring theme seemed to be that readers were sometimes getting lost in a sea of characters and subplots. Now, because I will be selling Episode Three, I’d rather it be worthy of the [small] price tag that’ll be attached to it. To that end, I’m going to be doing some rework on Episode Three, which will push the release date to around mid-October at the earliest.
- However, there is some good news! There will be a special “Halloween Episode” short story released in mid-October. This was actually an entry that was written for a contest, which ended up evolving into what was basically a “Simpson’s Halloween Episode” for Artifice – basically, the story contains the same characters, but it’s totally non-canon – i.e. Homer isn’t actually a vampire in the next “normal” episode. This Halloween Episode will be released for free.
- Also, just got around to watching the final three episodes of Burn Notice on the PVR. Not a happy camper. More on this later this week. Bedtime now.
Until next time.
First, let me apologize for the lack of recent updates.
Secondly, I’ve just received the final revision back from my editor, and am giving it one last once-over tonight and tomorrow. Ideally, I’d prefer to let it sit for a week, then give it one last read to see if I missed anything. However, I know you guys have been waiting a long time for this.
To that end, sometime tomorrow evening or Monday, I’ll start the process of publishing the book online.
Also, because Amazon doesn’t directly allow you to list a ‘free’ book, I’ll be uploading it to the other retailers first. Then, once it’s listed on those sites, I’ll upload to Amazon and try to have them match the price as quickly as possible. I’d rather not have to do that, as I know a lot of you would prefer to have Amazon download the book directly to your Kindle. However, I’d much rather not have you folks end up actually paying for the book by accident. Here’s the sequence of events regarding what’s going to happen, just so everyone’s on the same page:
- Smashwords.com: Book will be available here immediately in all formats.
- Google Play: Should be up almost immediately. Possibly a delay of a day or two.
- Apple, Kobo, B&N: Possibly a delay of up to a week.
- Amazon: Will not be available until it’s already been posted on Apple and B&N. Possibly a delay of up to a few days after that for it to be pricematched to free.
Again, thanks for joining me on this ride, folks. I hope you enjoy Episode Two.
First off, I do need to apologize for the sparse updates. I’ll try to make more time to keep you guys in the loop (especially regarding Artifice: Episode Two).
Which leads into the next point. Another apology is in order, as Episode Two won’t be released this month. My editor (who is doing this for free, so go easy on her :)) is just ending her maternity leave at the end of this month, and her time right now is dedicated to dealing with that, getting ready to go back to work, and planning a first birthday party. To that end, I’m going to not bug her to read my book for another few weeks. Realistically, I don’t expect Episode Two to be available for download until close to the end of April. Again, apologies to everyone. This was just the result of bad planning/timing.
Also, another bit of strange/bad news. It looks like Amazon.co.uk has reverted Episode One back into a paid book for some reason. I’m currently trying to get it to go free again.
Again, I’ll try to post updates more frequently. Also, as compensation, I’ll see about posting the first few pages from the working copy of Episode Two as a teaser sample.
Over 150 downloads so far from Smashwords, but it looks like it’s starting to taper off.
Good news is that Artifice: Episode One has been shipped to Barnes & Noble, Kobo and Apple. Apple may take up to a few weeks to vet the book, depending on their backlog, but B&N and Kobo should be up in a matter of days.
Once that’s done, I should be able to get the Amazon price adjusted, then I can start promoting in earnest.
Well, I’ve just completed converting and vetting the document to comply with Smashwords standards.
However, it’s 1:30 in the morning, and I don’t want any weariness induced problems during the upload.
So, I’m going to being uploading to Smashwords tomorrow. As a plus, this will give the last of my beta readers the chance to get back to me with any suggestions.
Until tomor… er… later today.