1. As mentioned in the last post, I was considering the advice of my friend to change the naming convention of the books. I’ve heeded her advice, and will be updating the F.A.Q. (hopefully tonight, but it’s getting late…) to reflect the change.
2. I’ve gotten into the bad habit of editing-while-writing, which, under the guise of being helpful, only serves to slow down productivity to a crawl. Any potential authors reading this, take my advice and make sure you don’t fall into this trap. Try to complete a full draft first before going back to edit.
3. Artifice: Episode One is now clocking in just under 19,500 words. Unfortunately/fortunately, it’s been continuously edited while being worked on, so it looks like I’m on track for the Nov 15 release date. Looks like we’ll have a total of ten chapters, of which nearly eight have been written.
4. Maps. Love ’em, but hate making them. I’m going to start transposing my roughly drawn sketches to a more professional layout later this week. As you can tell from the test picture in the gallery, drawing is definitely not my forte. We’ll see how this turns out…
5. I might be able to somewhat get away with making the maps, but there’s no way I’ll ever be able to make a passable book cover. To that end, I’ll be asking for help from a friend tomorrow. Maybe I’ll do a post later detailing the entire project, as some may find it useful or interesting.